January 4, 2008

My Swap Went Postal! Yay!

Been a little busy and crazy trying to finish this All-Occasion card swap...but, alas, I finished the last of my cards last night about 1:00 a.m. I've put the pictures below so you can see what they are!

Card #1 is the Baroque motifs one already featured on the website, so I won't bore you with the details on that one again.



Card #2 is a general birthday card - fairly simple and quick (definitely my speed!) I used Wild Wasabi card stock, very vanilla cardstock, blue bayou double stitched ribbon, blue bayou and wild wasabi ink and a yellow eyelet. Stamp sets were In the Spotlight and It's Your Birthday.








Card #3 is a female birthday card - again, simple and quick. I used the stamp set Natural Beauty (retired, but we have some great comparables in the catty) and used StazOn ink so I could watercolor the flowers. I matted them with black cardstock and mounted the two flowers on the wild wasabi cardstock then mounted on purely pomegranate. For the extra bling on this card, I used a pearl brad in the center of the flower above the saying. The other stamp set used is It's Your Birthday.




Card #4 is a baby card - I was stumped on this one. I don't think in all my years of stamping that I have made a baby card. I don't have any baby sets. Luckily my friend is selling some of her stamp sets so I borrowed it and used the bib that has a cute little saying on it. I used the word CELEBRATE out of the new set Celebrate in the 2008 Spring-Summer catalog and sprinkled with soft sky Itty Bitty Backgrounds (a staple!).








I hope this has provided some inspiration, I will forward more as the time goes on. Have a great day!

1 comment:

JoAnna said...

These are awesome cards. Very pretty. I gound our blog from Laura at "Wish you were here".

JoAnna